Great Oaks Legacy Charter School will reopen for in-person instruction for students who have opted into that learning preference on April 12, 2021. We are providing our health and safety expectations to help GOLCS students and families return safely and successfully. Our top priority is to ensure the health and safety of all students and staff. We will continue to follow guidelines from local/state health officials and CDC guidance. Please contact your campus main office with questions.
Health & Safety Expectations
- All GOLCS students and staff will wear masks or cloth face-coverings that meet CDC requirements while on a GOLCS campus or building daily. GOLCS will provide face masks for all students and staff, who will wear them during the school day. We will have disposable masks at all times should a student forget their cloth mask or needs a new one.
- Anyone picking up or dropping off a child must wear masks.
Social Distancing & Cleanings:
- All GOLCS students and staff will maintain social distancing of 6 ft. while in the school building.
- All GOLCS schools have been equipped with PPE supplies and physical guides for social distancing to be met consistently.
- ALL GOLCS classrooms will be stocked with a safety kit containing sanitizing products.
- All buildings will have increased daily cleanings.
- All classrooms will be set up to ensure health and safety as per CDC guidelines.
- All GOLCS staff and students will have their temperature taken when they arrive on campus. When students and staff arrive at a GOLCS campus, we will monitor for symptoms for both staff and students before entering a school building and throughout the day.
- All GOLCS staff will receive daily Vital Check surveys to monitor health and wellness.
- If a student or staff member is displaying symptoms, they should stay home to ensure the safety of others in the school community.
- If a students or staff member is displaying symptoms when their temperature is taken outside of a GOLCS building, they will be instructed to return home.
- No visitors will be permitted to enter a GOLCS building.
- GOLCS Students will eat all meals in the classroom or in small assigned groups to minimize hallway traffic throughout the day.
- Students who are continuing to have remote instruction for the remainder of the 2020-2021 school year will have access to meals. Beginning Monday, April 5, food distribution will be held every Monday at the Legacy and High School campuses from 2-5PM.
Technology + Chromebooks:
- Chromebooks have been distributed to GOLCS students in need of a computer.
- If a student is still without a Chromebook or is having technical issues with their assigned Chromebook, students/families can contact our help desk for immediate support.
- Students are expected to arrive at school with a fully charged Chromebook. Parents/guardians must ensure that when the student arrives home from school, their Chromebook is charged for the following day.
- Because the impact of COVID-19 is fluid, students will be required to transport their GOLCS assigned Chromebook to and from school each day. For students who were not issued a GOLCS Chromebook, a daily loaner laptop can be made available.