Essential for student learning
The Great Oaks Legacy Charter School provides a small, safe, and structured environment for the academic and social development of students. This environment is essential for student learning.
The teaching, training, and practice of conduct expected at the Great Oaks Legacy Charter School is founded on the core values of Respect, Integrity, Self-Discipline, and Excellence (RISE). In addition, such teaching, training, and practice is driven in part by The Leader in Me Program, based on Stephen R. Covey’s 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.
- We show our respect at all times for each other, for property, for differences, and for opinions different from our own.
- We accept individuals for who they are.
- We use positive language to strengthen our community.
- We interact with others confidently and humbly.
- We value the qualities of honesty and truthfulness.
- We stand up for what is right, even when others do not.
- We are reliable and responsible.
- We do the right thing, especially when no one is looking.
- We do not make excuses for ourselves and we take ownership of our actions.
- We show our self-control at all times and refrain from hurting others physically and emotionally.
- We resolve conflict by choosing options that will produce positive outcomes.
- We work and study hard.
- We will remain focused on our goals and persevere.
- We are committed to the highest level of academic, social, and personal achievement.
- We achieve 100 % mastery on all tasks, learning from our mistakes and striving to continually improve.
- We take pride in our efforts and accomplishments, practicing until we can’t get it wrong.