It’s easy to apply to a Great Oaks Legacy Charter School!
You may apply online using a computer, tablet or a smartphone. If you need assistance, please contact us.
If you’re ready to apply, CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW or see below for instructions.
VERY IMPORTANT REMINDER: Be sure to have your three (3) proofs of residency, your student’s birth certificate, a copy of IEP (if applicable), copy of transcript (if applicable), and parent/guardian ID. If you do not have all of the required documents, please do not let that hinder you from completing the application. Please call 862) 256-0909 Opt 3 to speak with our Enrollment Team for support.
Step-by-Step Instructions for New Student Registration
Step 1: Go to the Newark Enrolls website
Step 2: Create an Account
NOTE: Newark Enrolls is using a new system for the 2021-22 school year called SchoolMint. Most users will need to create a new account.
- If you have never used the new Newark Enrolls system before, select NEW ENROLLMENT and complete the Create A SchoolMint Account Google Form.
- Please note: Allow 24 – 48 hours for your SchoolMint account information to be sent via email.
Once you’ve received your SchoolMint information, please log-in and proceed to add a new student.
Step 3: Add New Student Information
Note: You will need to repeat this step for each child that you would like to submit an application for. Be mindful to complete this application for the 2021-22 school year.
- Click Add New Student
- Enter the following information for your child:
- Student First Name
- Student Middle Name
- Student Last Name
- Student Birth Date (select Month, Day, and Year)
- Please double-check the birth date.
- Student Gender
- Then click Save
Step 4: Start Application
- After adding your child, click Add New Student Application
- PART A
- Enter your child’s current school information:
- Is this student enrolled in a Newark Enrolls school? Select Yes or No.
- Select the name of the school from the drop-down menu.
- Schools are listed in alphabetical order.
- If you don’t see your child’s school listed, select No for the previous question.
- Select your child’s Current Grade and Grade Applying to.
- Please double-check your grade level selections. For example, if your child is going to Kindergarten in September 2020, select Kindergarten for Grade Applying to.
- Click Next
Step 5: Select schools
- If you are interested in a Great Oaks Legacy school, select Great Oaks Legacy Charter School .
- You cannot apply directly to a specific Great Oaks Legacy campus.
- Please note:
- You have the option to select up to 8 participating schools by clicking the school name.
- You’ll notice a green check-mark to the left of the school name after clicking/selecting it.
- You do not have to select 8 schools but you should select more than 1.
Click the Next button on the bottom, right-hand side after selecting all of the schools you wish to apply to.
Step 6: Rank your selected schools
This step is very important.
- Rank the schools you selected in the order of preference.
- For example, if you really want your child to go to a Great Oaks Legacy school, select Great Oaks Legacy Charter School as your first choice – ranked at the very top.
- After ranking all schools you have previously selected, click Next.
Step 7: Complete Follow Up Questions
Answer the remaining application questions such as:
- Home Language Survey – 7 questions related to language
- Lunch Status – Free or Reduced Lunch
- Technology at Home Survey
Step 8: Sign, Review & Submit
- Review your application.
- Read and click the box next to I understand the above.
- Finally, If you are ready to submit your application, click Yes.
If you are experiencing issues with creating an account or logging-in, please contact SchoolMint support:
- Call SchoolMint at 855.957.3535
- Send an email to [email protected]
- Forgot your password? Click here to reset your password.
- If you need additional support, please contact the Newark Board of Education at 973.733.7333 or send an email to [email protected]